Monday, March 5, 2007

pass the haagen-dazs...


So, I recently finished reading Karen Joy Fowler's The Jane Austen Book Club. Finished, after only a few short months of carrying it in my bag for whenever I needed some reading material. But I did finish it and it was an enjoyable read. As I was reading the book, I kept remembering these movies where characters always seem to stereotype sad, single women as those that read Jane Austen and eat Haagen-Dazs. I don't know if it is the literary ability or the tolerance of dairy that seems such a put off, but I happen to like Jane Austen. And ice cream from time to time, too. So perhaps I should begin reading Michael Crichton or James Patterson? Or, who's the one whose books always get turned into movies starring Julia Roberts or Susan Sarandon solving crimes in the South? Oh yes, John Grisham. Maybe I'll stick to Austen. Or at least books about her.

Things are rolling along in the shop. I hope to be posting some other greeting cards and a few more prints in the near future. I won't give too much away, but I'll give a hint--one of the postings will involve robots. Yes. Yes it will.

amy

2 comments:

emily marie said...

robots! i can't wait.

lizcannon said...

Love the art, and love you too!