Thursday, March 15, 2007

a list...

I thought I would take a little mini-break from writing about prints. Not for any particular reason. But I am really very, very sleepy and I am a little afraid that it might not be all that coherent. So instead I thought I would share 5 things that are making me really happy right now:

1. I ordered this little gem from a favorite etsy artist of mine the other day. Her name is Mati McDonough and I have already two of her prints. One of them is among my favorite items on my wall, because how many people, really, can say that they have a painting of a kitten wearing boys underpants and tube socks clipping feathers from a bird to add to his angel wings? Who among you can claim that? That's right. I love her work because, and this is intended as a compliment, she paints like a child sings. You know: free, unafraid. Anyway, it's currently in transit and I am really excited about getting it. Don't you love the anticipation of packages?

2. I visit my bestest little Beth in only three weeks from tomorrow. I probably could have listed five things that make me happy centered on this trip alone, but we'll leave it at that. I simply adore this girl, and as we seem to only get to see each other once a year, I am all a-twitter with anticipation.

3. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately, and I am fully confident that Spring is finally here. As much as I love to layer -- and I do -- it is nice to not have to put a thousand things on before walking outside.

4. I keep revisiting my Margot & the Nuclear So & So's album. You should give them a listen if you haven't already. I'm particularly enjoying the tracks "Skeleton Key" and "Paper Kitten Nightmare". We will ignore the fact that I am really -- not at all -- a cat person, and that kittens have come up twice in this list. We will also ignore that I could do several lists just on music that is making me quite happy right now. You could click on the profile link to the left of the screen for a short list, if you're curious. And I'm serious about the suggestions. Should you have any.

5. I have gotten to reconnect with several old friends since launching Project 8256. Which also means that I am checking my email even more compulsively than I already did. I am also meeting such lovely people through etsy as well. I am anxiously awaiting another very special package from a different designer on etsy (who, unfortunately, must go unnamed for the moment, because it was ordered especially for someone's birthday - see #2). She took the time to look at our etsy site and write a sweet little note. So nice.

So, all in all, not such a bad week. Hope yours is happy as well.

amy

No comments: