Tuesday, October 2, 2007

between the sneezes...

I'm a little under the weather. Or, actually, significantly under the weather. I don't really think it's anything more than allergies, but I certainly wish I could turn out all of the lights and curl up in bed and stay there for a while. No such luck. There's no time for such things.

This past week has been focused solely on preparing for Indie Emporium. I did allow myself a little bit fun last Sunday, and accompanied some friends to Blue 7 for the Tom's Shoes trunk show. Do you know about Tom's Shoes? Click here if you want to learn more. Basically, it is an amazing company that gives a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair sold. Amazing. They were sold out of my size in the style I wanted, so I didn't end up purchasing a pair that night. But, oh, I will. I did end up buying this ring, though:



I couldn't resist. It's actually really similar to a ring that I had been eyeing at Anthropologie a while ago. Only this ring (the one from Blue 7) was only SEVEN DOLLARS. And the one from Anthropologie was--surprise!--at least 20 times more than that. Which is ridiculous, really (unless, of course, it came from a tree that grew in a magical forest. Then I totally understand.).

I am also now in the possession of new business cards! They arrived a few days ago, and I am quite pleased with the results.



They are double sided--one side for Project 8256 and one side for amelia mae. I went for a new look with Project 8256 -- away from the orange and turquoise. I found it extraordinarily difficult to get the look I wanted for the amelia mae side and still somehow coordinate with the original color scheme. And I do love graph paper.

But the best, BEST news is that in exactly one week from tomorrow my best friend Beth is flying out from Los Angeles for a visit. This will be the first time in several years that we have been able to visit each other more than once a year. I can't wait. As busy as I am, and as much as I have to do, I know that taking a few days to talk and shop and eat great food is just what I need. I'm hoping that I will be, and that my work will be, the better for it.

Hope all is well with you.

xo,
Amy

3 comments:

Katie Morris said...

Your business cards look AMAZING! I can't wait to hold one in my hand and smell the paper. Okay...that was weird.

sus and chris said...

do you happen to have anymore info on ahope for children. i looked at their website, but i thought maybe you had something else. ps i love your stuff!!! its cute! love sus

Amy said...

Hi Sus--

Thanks so much for your interest! I will post in a couple of days about AHOPE, with hopefully the information you are wanting. If there was something specific you were interested in, let me know and I will try to find the answer for you. You can email me at project8256@gmail.com.

love, amy