Tuesday, October 16, 2007

a weekend off

Sorry for the delay in posting. It was a tremendously full (and extended) weekend, which left little time for things such as blogging. But I had a wonderful time with Beth. I am so thankful that she was able to visit when she did. And although I'm in this sort of frenzied mode right now, I know the time off was just what I needed. Here's a bit of a recap:



1. We went to the Girlie Show on Saturday. There were lots of amazing artists and crafters, yet somehow Beth and I ended up buying very similar items from the same girl -- Amity Treasures by Jackie Porter. She has an etsy shop as well. This is the necklace I purchased. I love it. A lot.

2. Beth's dyed vintage slip peaking out from her skirt. She's so L.A.

3. Stuffed French Toast -- delicious. Walnut raisin bread stuffed with loads of strawberries and cream cheese from Cafe 501.

4. Beth's necklace purchased at the Girlie show. An airplane, a brass heart, and a Rocky Mountain National Park charm.

5. The pin I got from the same booth--a white cowboy boot, a black enamel charm and a little sparkle.

6. I am so smitten with my new moccasins. So comfortable and perfect for fall. Just like these, only in chocolate brown (and much less at Shoetopia in Norman).

7. We, of course, made a trip to Blue 7 -- where I couldn't resist buying this bag by Loop. Mostly because I loved it--but a little because the vendor tag is a paper crane. Love.

8. While I was still admiring the paper crane tag, Beth was falling head over heals for this repurposed vintage shirt by Shanna Banana. It's pretty adorable on her, and I gave her much praise for supporting so many local artists and establishments while in Oklahoma.

9. Beth's pin from Amity Treasures. The white square says "Tim" and has a pink astronaut charm and a brass horseshoe. So, an easy sell.


There are so many other wonderful things (things other than purchases) that I wished I had photographed and could include--like all of the wonderful friends we were able to catch up with, and all of the new memories that were made. However, it is some sort of rule, I've decided, that we seem to be completely incapable of taking photographs while visiting each other. I know we'll regret that one day. But for now, we will, I suppose, have to enjoy each other's company undocumented.

The next couple of weeks will be a flurry of activity in preparation for Indie Emporium. So, posting might be a little light. But, I do hope to see you there if you're in the area!

xo,
Amy

No comments: