Sunday, July 8, 2007

old and new

I'm not entirely sure how I seem to only blog on Sundays. It isn't intentional. Or planned. Or certainly not written down, because I do so prefer a mental note. But anyhow, it's Sunday. Again. And here I am.

So over the last week or so..I've been toiling away at this:



and this...



The close-up is on the right. There's still a bit more to be done. The shapes were cut from the pages of an old novel--from the blank space that is at the end of each chapter. The book is perfectly musty and water-stained. Or was, rather. It's now been pretty much cut to bits.

AND...this week I got a very exciting parcel in the mail from a very talented (and new) Etsy seller: lucky me beads



It's a pulley. On a necklace. I couldn't resist. And I couldn't be more pleased. So, should you be interested in repurposed vintage jewelry, you should definitely check her out. (Photo from luckymebeads.etsy.com)

So overall, a rather nice little week. And to top it all off, I got to hear little stories of people gifting or receiving my prints for wedding gifts, birthday gifts. That really just warms my heart to near bursting. I take gift giving very seriously--as in focused, on a mission, seriousness. So it means a lot. a lot. to know that someone has selected something I did as a gift. And to know that, on top of that, there are others like my sister and the kids at AHOPE that then benefit from that, well that's pretty much splendid.

I hope you all had a lovely 4th. And a relaxing weekend. I am off to c-l-e-a-n. Much overdue.

xo,
amy

No comments: