Thursday, July 26, 2007

give (and buy) a little bit...

I have had one of those weeks where I keep doing things like tripping and falling, and dropping things, and somehow getting caught in the middle of some sort of cycling event and almost (but not really) hitting a man after he fell off of his bicycle in the middle of my lane. But all is well, that week is in the past, and so I can blog about only good news and lovely things.

I have been emailing (through etsy) with the lovely shop owner of lulella who approached me about donating a portion of her earnings to AHOPE. How incredibly generous. Katrina lives in Vermont and is all about reusing goods that already exist and turning them into new and beautiful things. She has really adorable items in her shop--such cute plush items (love this owl), precious clothes for little girls and the sweetest greeting cards. She is donating 20% of her profits from this doll to AHOPE:



So cute. And completely handmade. I would have loved, loved this as a little girl. And part of it is going to a really great cause, so check it out. Thanks Katrina!

Some other exciting Etsy news is that one of my very favorites, Mati Rose McDonough of Suspect Shoppe is having a print sale. It's this week only (July 25-31st) and it's BUY ONE GET ONE FREE! So, should you be looking for my favorite cat-in-boys-underpants-and-tubesocks-robbing-a-bird-of-its-feathers painting, or the beautiful "believe" -- you could get them both for the price of one and then our walls could be doppelgangers (only without the bad-luck part). That would be splendid. She also has some ridiculously adorable zoo animal prints which would be so perfect in a nursery. I would buy them myself for my soon-to-be niece or nephew, but it isn't my child, or my home, and sometimes I have to let my sister and brother-in-law make those kinds of decisions themselves. But only sometimes. (hint, hint katie -- the monkeys and the elephant... )

Be on the lookout this week for some new items in the Project 8256 shop. I think that some more along the lines of this one might be making an appearance:



Be blessed. And thanks for reading. I really do appreciate it.

xo,
Amy

No comments: