Sunday, June 10, 2007

it's really all in the little things

And so goes another weekend...

I hope you all made the best possible use of the weekend. Mine was spent rather entirely at my bill-paying job, so it went quite fast. But I have a three-day weekend coming up so there is some end in sight. Here are some other little odds and ends that are making me happy right now...

1. I keep finding these wonderful little treasure chests on the web from ladies blogging about their incredible finds. Having moved back to Oklahoma after living in Chicago for two years, I do sometimes miss the variety and so on. So, I'm finding these collections indispensable and inspiring and so much more. I have known of decor8 and design*sponge for some time, but just discovered Creature Comforts (thanks to decor8 for that one) and design is mine. And I'm loving them all. So check them out if you're interested in that sort of thing (pretty things and great design and good ideas and so on). As I'm writing this, the most recent post on design is mine is about a children's clothing company that is "organic, fair-trade, sweatshop-free, and beautifully designed". Sold. Blog=bookmarked.

2. I'm not much of a television girl anymore. Not really at all. But when I was in LA, my little Beth coerced me into watching an episode or two of the Office and I must say I'm glad she did. I netflix-ed season 2 and have been watching the first installment in bits and pieces. Granted, it does stick out a bit in my netflix queue, among a rather large assortment of documentaries and indie films just waiting to stop in for a visit, but it is quite funny. I think it makes me appreciate the little nuances and oddities of my own (cubicle-free) bill-paying job a bit more.

3. I'm seriously considering a quick little day-trip to Dallas sometime soon. I need a little getaway, a refresher--some inspiration. And so I keep dreaming of Anthropologie, Urban, and so on. And I'm a sucker for a little cropped jacket and I have a feeling I might find one at XXI Forever for next to nothing. I'm trying to decide if I should work in a trip to the Dallas art museum. But it is only a day trip. So we'll see.

4. I listed these two in the shop this weekend, with their third mate joining them tomorrow:





Yes, they make me happy too.

Hope you have little things that make you happy as well. Or big things. And I hope Monday treats you well.

xo,
Amy

No comments: