Friday, September 26, 2008

Currently Craving: Orange

So, welcome to new-blog-feature #2: Constantly Craving. I thought I would share a few things that I've been loving, wanting, am inspired by, etc. We'll see how it goes. This week's Craving is focused on the color Orange. Now, here in Oklahoma where college football is king you are either RED (University of Oklahoma) or ORANGE (Oklahoma State University). People are very rarely, if ever, both and many will go so far as to never own anything of the opposing color. Silly. So, so silly. If we went strictly by my alma mater then I would be RED. Luckily for me, though, I never really took to football, so I have a wealth of color choices at my disposal without even the tiniest fear of betrayal. Moving on...

click on the image to view larger

1. Letterpress Alphabet Poster in orange and gray from Sycamore Street Press on Etsy. First of all, let me just say that the knowledge that we will soon have two little ones in the family is falling somewhere in between thrill and jubilance. However, not knowing the gender or age, etc. is killing me. I am a compulsive nester, and even though I realize that it is not my nest, nor is it a nest in my home (and that for my brother-in-law's sake alone I should probably state that I realize this more often), I still feel this need to start adding to the nest. I think this little alphabet print is so perfect. Orange and grey is a great gender-neutral color combination (I think, atleast.  I, somewhat by accident, had a very-much orange and brown bedroom as a toddler, so it's possible that I'm biased), and this print will appeal to kids and parents alike.  Or even aunts.  

2. A Look Only You Would Understand (Orange) by ashleyg - also on Etsy. It's really no secret that I love Ashley Goldberg's work, as I have her prints scattered throughout my house. I absolutely love this one. Always a fan of the blue and orange combo.

3. Simple & Pure Beautiful (to me) as photographed by citypix on Flickr. I first saw this photo on Creature Comforts and was so taken by it, but almost fell out of my chair when I realized that it is merely paper doilies and orange pushpins. How inexpensive! And simple! And just the thing for the empty I-have-absolutely-no-idea-what-to-do-with-this wall in my bedroom. Perfection. Totally inspired.  Let's just hope it works.

4. Practice Kindness by Lisa Congdon -- again, on Etsy. Lisa Congdon is another favorite of mine, and her prints can also be found throughout my house. And now this one can be as well, as it is part of her $6.00 Gocco print series. That's right -- $6. And everyone could use a little reminder to practice a little more kindness.

5. Large Orange Letter "A" Storefront Signage from the incredibly lovely three potato four . I got, oh, perhaps a little too excited when I came across this giant letter 'A'. If only I'd had the extra $140 to buy a vowel, then perhaps I wouldn't have been so disappointed when it, alas, sold.

So that's about it. Have a lovely, lovely weekend. Have the best weekend ever. Just go for it.

xo,
Amy

1 comment:

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

thanks for the feature! our friend stephanie ford designed the alphabet poster for us to print, and i think she did a great job! and i absolutely love everything else you have featured...very inspiring.