Sunday, April 29, 2007

Farther to Go.


My goodness, it has been an awfully, awfully long time since I've updated. So sorry. But I do have some exciting news regarding Project 8256. I rather like lists, so here it is:

1. I am now selling originals in the shop. Well, currently it is "original" - singular - but hopefully more will emerge in the future. This one (pictured above) was quite fun to do. I painted the canvas orange with the intent of doing something completely different than what it ended up as, but am quite satisfied with the result. I will not be selling prints of this one, for various reasons, so once it's gone, it's gone.

2. Project 8256 has ventured even further into cyber-land and now has a MySpace. I know. I debated about this for a while, but decided that it could, potentially, be an excellent way of getting the word out. My hope is that people will not only by "friends" with Project 8256, but will include us among their "top friends" so that our exposure will be increased. I'm ignoring my own personal feelings about inviting someone to be your "friend" and crossing my fingers that this just might work. So if you have a MySpace, request us as a friend. It will be greatly appreciated.

3. Very exciting. Project 8256 has now reached 17 sales. Now, I realize that this is not an astonishing number. And I most certainly realize that we have many, many items that need to be sold in order to reach our goals. But these 17 items represent sales from Colorado, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, California, New York, Ohio and even the United Kingdom. Some purchases have been from family and friends and some have been from complete strangers. Every sale has brightened my day and has encouraged my entire family. So thank you all.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks again for all of the support.

xo,
Amy

No comments: